POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : stainless steel coffee mug : Re: stainless steel coffee mug Server Time
16 Aug 2024 18:16:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: stainless steel coffee mug
From: 25ct
Date: 17 Feb 2002 08:21:14
Message: <3c6fae4a@news.povray.org>
"Chris Cason" <newsadmin-despam-@povray-no-spam.org> wrote in message
news:3c688129@news.povray.org...

> ok - see p.b.s-f

    Hi Chris,  ok, I've had a little go at what I think you wanted. It's
nothing special, just a quick look at what the mug might look like with some
text. I'm hoping some others might be having a go at this, as the design
I've come up with isn't brilliant by a long way and I'd love to see what
they come up with...

   A few questions if I may?

I'm intrigued/puzzled/fascinated by your use of the image_map. How did you
know where to place it in the first instance with a 'complicated' image,
trial and error? Or is there a set way to determine this? I can guess that
the large area of free-space around your logo is to cover the rest of the
area on the mug, ie, the inside, outside of the mug, but why does it have to
be that way? Couldn't a smaller image be applied to one specific area of the
mug instead of having a large area of free-space? I don't understand this.

   Also, can you explain why it's a reversed/mirror image before applying?

   I'm totally thrown by this, but had great fun trying to line the image
up.  ;)

     ~Steve~

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: